The Historical Society of Wells and Ogunquit is currently seeking applicants for our Administrator position.
This is a part-time position for 20 hours per week, $18-20 per hour depending on experience
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day running of the HSWO library and museum.
Operational Duties include:
- Welcoming visitors
- Managing inquiries from the public and community organizations
- Management of volunteer force
- Management of wedding schedule and venue promotion
- Maintaining membership files
- Work closely with the HSWO Bookkeeper, ensuring that payments are made and accurately accounted for in good order
- Attend monthly Board Meetings, presenting Administrator’s Report
- Manage social media presence
- Office management including maintenance of office equipment and supplies
Museum and Curatorial Responsibilities:
Community and Outreach Responsibilities:
- Familiarity with the Society’s holdings and make recommendations to the Board regarding conservation, storage and display of museum artifacts
- Lead member in implementing museum projects agreed upon by the Board and keeping Board informed of project progress
- These responsibilities may become more specific as the Administrator acquires greater knowledge of the Society’s holdings and identifies suitable projects/activities consistent with the Society’s Vision and Mission, as agreed upon by the Board
- Build relationships with community organizations including, but not limited to, local rotary clubs and libraries
- Educational Program liaison with local schools
The Administrator reports directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors, and serves to support the Board in undertaking specific projects and initiatives agreed upon by the Board at monthly meetings.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in history and serving the community. Must be professional and well organized, willing to think outside the box, and value input from others.
- Associate Degree or higher
- Proficient with Word, Excel, phone, fax, email, social media
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Highly organized
- Professional demeanor
Please submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com