Want to play a role in keeping Freeport's past present?
Freeport Historical Society (FHS) is seeking applicants for the position of Office manager. This position will be part-time, with an increased schedule during the summer months.
- 32 hours/week May-October; 24 hours/week November-April
The Office Manager reports to the FHS Executive Director and assists both the Executive Director and Collections Manager in a variety of administrative duties, including:
- Working with volunteers
- Greeting visitors
- Arranging logistical details for public events
- Ordering office supplies
- Maintaining accurate records and databases
Successful applicants will possess:
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks
- Comfort with working in the digital world of the modern office
- Experience handling phones and other office machinery
- An ability to multi-task
- The ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including some weekends
- A current, valid driver’s license
- A bachelor’s degree and an interest in history are preferred.
Click here for more information about this position.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter by January 15, 2016 to Jim Cram, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freeport Historical Society is a non-profit organization in Freeport, Maine dedicated to preserving the town’s past and keeping that past alive in the present. The Society is a vibrant organization with a key role in the local community.