Some of the highlights for this cycle include:
- Two NEW COVID relief grants; one for artists and one for organizations. These will have a February 18 deadline. Relief for Organizations ($4k) and the Resilience Artist Grant ($1k). The deadline for both grants is February 18.
- The Organization Partnership application has a new February 18 deadline. This is a month earlier than the previous year, so Partnership applicants have less time to apply. Also, Partnership Grant requirements have changed, making it easier for small and mid-sized organizations to apply.
- NEW Springboard Artist Grant (1.5k) for artists who have not been previously awarded by the Maine Arts Commission. We hope this makes funding more accessible to emerging artists or people new to the grant writing process.
- The CCED2 implementation grant will not be offered, but the CCED 1 will still be offered. This grant is now called the Cultural Planning Grant.
- We have removed the cash/in-kind match requirement for Organization Grants. As part of making things easier for applicants during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
Agency staff is always available to discuss your application ideas and answer any questions about requirements or the process. Please don’t wait for the day before the deadline to start your application. We are looking forward working with you and hearing about your project proposals.