The MHC is seeking a full-time Program Assistant to provide support for the programming efforts of the organization. In that capacity, this individual assists Program Officers in every phase of planning, promoting, organizing, and evaluating our programs. The Program Assistant’s primary duties include:
- undefinedOrganizing program details: coordinate and disseminate paperwork and program materials, communicate with program partners, order and manage books, assist with PR and marketing, other jobs as needed;
- undefinedOrganizing event details and assisting at events;
- undefinedRecording and tracking evaluations;
- undefinedOrganizing and reporting on program data;
- undefinedCoordinating the Letters About Literature program; and
- undefinedProviding additional program and event support as needed.
Strong verbal and written communications skills, organization, background in humanities, must be able to clearly communicate to a variety of audiences. Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, and the ability to multitask, and a background and interest in the humanities are required.
Bachelors degree required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- undefinedExcellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- undefinedExceptional attention to detail
- undefinedProven ability to multi-task, juggle priorities, and meet deadlines
- undefinedFlexibility and a creative approach to problem-solving
- undefinedProficiency in Word, Excel, and database software
- undefinedAbility to work independently as well as collaboratively
- undefinedA commitment to the humanities
The salary for this position is $25,000 with a benefit package.
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted through May 9.
Public humanities scholarsThe Council is always interested in expanding its roster of public humanities scholars who are available on a project-by-project contractual basis to advise council projects or facilitate group humanities discussions in locations around Maine. If you are an experienced humanities teacher or scholar who is interested in working with the public and you would like more information, please e-mail your resume and contact information to email@example.com and we will be in touch with you.