AAM Collections Assessment for Small Museums Webinar
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
2–3:30 p.m. (ET)
Join colleagues with a range of experience working with small museums in a practical, focused discussion on issues related to assessing collections, including object assessment and condition reporting, storage and housing, environmental conditions and exhibition/display.
We’ll explore key questions to ask when assessing collections and offer suggestions for immediate, intermediate and longer-range solutions and action steps. Additional resources will be provided.
How Will I Benefit?
By participating in this program, attendees will be better able to:
- Take stock of collections
- Assess the condition of objects in a range of environments
- Take positive action to resolve collections-related issues
Who Should Attend
Staff and volunteers working in collections-related positions in small museums.
- Samantha Dorsey, curator, City of Bowie Museums, Bowie, Maryland
- Ellen Endslow, director of collections/curator, Chester County Historical Society (and CurCom chair), West Chester, Pennsylvania
- Tamara Hemmerlein, assistant director, Local History Services, Indiana Historical Society (and SMAC chair), Indianapolis
- Greg Stevens, assistant director, professional development, American Alliance of Museums, Washington, DC
- Adam La Faci, senior producer, LearningTimes
FREE: Staff of Tier 3 Museum Members
$25: Staff of Tier 2 Museum Members, Ally, Individual and Industry Members
$50: Staff of Tier 1 Museum Members and Non-members