Looking for an opportunity to work in a place of wonder and exploration?
We currently are recruiting for a part-time Museum Educator/Assistant (up to 29 hours per week) to work at the L.C. Bates Museum at Good Will-Hinckley. Hours for this position vary weekly. The L.C. Bates Museum houses unique natural history and culture collections. This position primarily involves working with children and families presenting natural history programs, but would also involve working in all aspects of the museum including greeting visitors and presenting tours, cleaning, preparing exhibitions, presenting outside activities, and presenting educational outreach programs at schools.
- Enjoy working with school groups of children as well as adults
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be dependable and enthusiastic
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Have a working knowledge of Maine Natural History and/or wildlife and/or teaching experience
We require a minimum of a High School Diploma, satisfactory references, background and health checks, and a valid Maine Driver’s License.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and updated resume via e-mail to HR@gwh.org or fax to 238-4020 or mail to Human Resources, PO Box 159, Hinckley, ME 04944. Please reference “Museum Educator” in your correspondence.
View more information about the L.C. Bates Museum at www.gwh.org.