Now accepting session proposals through June 15, 2017.
Click here to submit your session proposal.
In 2020 Maine will be observing its bicentennial, a milestone that commemorates and celebrates the establishment of our statehood, and our journey before and since. The occasion will also provide a forum to reflect on our history and culture, both traditional and transitioning, and where we’ve come from and where we are headed as people and institutions in the great State of Maine.
In anticipation of this milestone, MAM seeks conference session proposalsthat address the commemoration and interpretation of Maine’s upcoming bicentennial, as well as various other topics such as educational and event programming, advocacy, diversity and inclusion, preservation and collections care, fundraising, and governance.
Share your knowledge, generate dialogue, and discuss ideas with colleagues from throughout Maine!
The Association of Maine Archives and Museums is seeking qualified presenters to submit session proposals that fit this theme and advance MAM’s mission to support and promote Maine’s collecting institutions. Session proposals will be considered in the following formats:
- Panel Sessions—90-minute session block with two or more presenters discussing a topic that can inform or inspire participants in their work.
- Workshops—90-minute block with one or more presenters offering hands-on opportunities for skill building.
- Poster Exhibits—Display material presenting a project or exhibit that your institution would like to share with a larger audience that has relevance to the field at large.
The MAM Program Committee seeks proposals that will inspire organizations of various sizes and disciplines and are especially visionary. Case studies will be considered, but proposals that are clearly more applicable to the field at large will have priority. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Attracting new volunteers and members
- Case statements, grant writing and other fundraising appeals
- Effective marketing initiatives
- Youth initiatives
- Innovative educational or interpretive programming
Click here to submit your session proposal. Proposals will be reviewed in mid-June and applicants will be notified by mid-July, 2017 about whether their proposal was accepted.
Please note: MAM is unable to offer stipends, honorarium, or travel reimbursement to presenters. Presenters who plan to attend other sessions during the conference must register and will receive the discounted Early Bird MAM member rate.