Job Title: Woodlawn Education & Programs Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Terms: Exempt, Salary, 40 hours per week
The Education & Programs Director is primarily responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the Museum’s educational and community programs.
- Develop and implement a year-round education plan that reaches learners across generations; including support for Downeast Senior College
- Develop and manage the Volunteer program;
- Responsible for the museum school programs, outreach events, and volunteer programs budget; assist with grants and sponsorship
- Facility a calendar of events and take leadership in community outreach; facilitating internships, managing the museum docents/tours
- Assist with communication strategies; website, newsletters, photography
Knowledge and demonstrated experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in education, biology or environmental science preferred
- Education program development and management
- Volunteer management
- Teaching children in a classroom, camp or professional informal setting
- Supervising adults and youth while maintaining a positive environment
Skills and Other Characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and database skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Comfortable speaking to large groups and diverse audiences
- Must have a passion for the environment, history, and teaching youth
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting
- Self-motivated and fun-loving
- Flexible and able to handle unexpected situations
- Hiring contingent on successfully passing a background check
- Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for standing or sitting for extended periods: moderate lifting such as setting up 100 chairs and operating motorized vehicles.
- The position requires the need to lift exhibit items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- This position will involve working both indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- The working hours will vary depending on need and will require weekend and evening work.
Licenses and Certification:
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and current insurance.
- Possession of teaching certificate an advantage
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Kathy Young, Executive Director
Woodlawn Museum, Gardens, and Park
PO Box 1478, Ellsworth, ME 04605