Do you want to be part of a growing and innovative company that is changing the way we record and present history? Do you thrive when working to grow and implement strategy, or learning about different industries and histories? Do you want to be a part of a smart, forward thinking company?
HistoryIT is seeking an Archives Manager to work in various capacities with our physical archives. They will be responsible for organizing, rehousing, and processing physical materials, as well as comparing the physical archive with the digital archive files. The person in this position must have excellent organizational skills and possess a keen attention to detail. They will work in HistoryIT’s Portland office and will have the ability to work evenings and weekends if needed. The Archives Manager will also be responsible for hiring, overseeing, and training a team of archivists in HistoryIT's methodology.
This is an intermediate, full-time position. The ideal candidate will have experience processing and handling archival collections, as well as a proven track record managing digital archives. To be considered, please submit both a cover letter and resume via Indeed.
- Experience working with archival collections
- Familiarity with digital archive management software systems
- Knowledge of records management issues and best practices
- Knowledge of digital content standards and metadata schemas
- A self-starter that enjoys working with people in a team capacity and independently
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- An appreciation for the importance of historical preservation
- Evidence of effective project planning, management, and completion
- Ability to be flexible and agile
- Possess a track record of working quickly and efficiently under pressure and of meeting project deadlines
- Experience managing direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- Driver’s license
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Employee’s primary duty must be reorganizing and rehousing physical collections
- Plans, schedules, and implements processing work flows
- Coordinates the transfer of records between HistoryIT facilities
- Documents standards, policies and best practices related to archival management
- Oversees hiring and management of new employees in the archives department
- Other duties as assigned
HistoryIT provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. HistoryIT does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits or any other condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All people must wear a mask in any HistoryIT facility regardless of vaccination status.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, ME 04101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Archives management: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply: See the listing on Indeed.