Location: Bristol, Maine
Application Deadline: 1/7/2024About Old Bristol Historical Society
The Old Bristol Historical Society is an institution committed to preserving and celebrating the rich history and cultural heritage of Bristol, Maine. As a non-profit organization, we are on a mission to make Bristol’s historical legacy accessible to the community and beyond. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Executive Director to join our team and lead our efforts in fundraising and achieving strategic priorities. This is a quarter-time position with future growth opportunities.
● Develop and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies to secure financial support for OBHS’s operations, programs, and strategic initiatives.
● Cultivate relationships with donors, sponsors, and grant-making organizations.
● Manage donor databases and fundraising campaigns to maximize contributions.
Facilitating The Organization’s Ability to Meet Its Strategic Priorities
● Open the historic mill as a public site and cultural museum.
● Become the pre-eminent repository of the region’s historical records and serve as the go-to resource for historical research and information.
● Foster community engagement through year-round educational programs and events.
● Complete the restoration of the OBHS’s campus grounds.
● Expand outreach and collaboration with local and regional partners and institutions.
● Work with the Board to build the governance, operational and financial infrastructure to support these initiatives.
Staff Management and Operational Oversight
● Oversee the organization’s independent contractor staff.
Board and Stakeholder Relations
● Work closely with the Board of Directors to provide regular updates on progress and financial status.
● Proven experience in nonprofit fundraising, including grant writing and donor cultivation.
● Strong leadership and organizational skills.
● Knowledge of historical preservation, cultural heritage, or museum management is a plus.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
● Familiarity with Bristol, Maine, and its historical significance preferred.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience for a quarter-time position.
If you are passionate about preserving history, building connections within the community, and leading fundraising efforts for a dynamic historical society, we invite you to apply. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Old Bristol Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.