SUMMER LIBRARY CLERK - 2013
SWAN’S ISLAND EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY (SIES)
... SIES is seeking a mature, responsible, organized and friendly person to fill a summer clerk position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Attending the needs of patrons: finding materials, gaining access to the wireless network, troubleshooting basic computer problems, and answering general questions
• Assisting our volunteers as necessary
• Re-shelving materials such as books, videos, and more
• Assisting with check-out when necessary
• Organizing and stocking the gift shop, keeping track of inventory
• Tidying library as needed
• Creating information sheet on how to use SIES equipment
• Keeping a regular schedule as decided by the Director and keeping a work log
Pay: $2500 stipend for mid-June/August 2013
Expectation of 10 weeks of work for 20 hours/week.
Qualifications: This position would be appropriate for a mature high school age student or older who is organized and friendly. Should enjoy the library environment and be interested in learning about working in a small non-profit organization.
To apply: Please fill out application (available at library) or submit resume and mail or deliver to SIES by May 18.
Attn: Candis Joyce, Director
PO Box 12
Swan’s Island, ME 04685