Freeport Historical Society
· Part-time, 32 hrs/week May-October; 24 hours per week November-April
Freeport Historical Society (FHS) is seeking applicants for the position of office manager. The position will be part-time, with an increased schedule during the summer months.
The Office Manager reports to the FHS Executive Director and assists both the Executive Director and Collections Manager in a variety of administrative duties, including:
· Working with volunteers
· Greeting visitors
· Arranging logistical details for public events
· Ordering office supplies
· Maintaining accurate records and databases.
Successful applicants will possess:
· Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, especially Access, plus QuickBooks.
- Comfort with working in the digital world of the modern office.
- Experience handling phones and other office machinery
- An ability to multi-task
- The ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including some weekends.
- A current, valid driver’s licence
A bachelor’s degree and an interest in history are preferred.
The Freeport Historical Society is a non-profit organization in Freeport, Maine dedicated to preserving the town’s past and keeping that past alive in the present. The Society is a vibrant organization with a key role in the local community.
For more information, consult the FHS website, www.freeporthistoricalsociety.org or call 207-865-3170. A resume and cover letter should be sent to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: June 2, 2015