WHAT: A Day of Service for Maine Citizens, part of inauguration activities for Gov-Elect Mills.* Agencies and organizations organize a volunteer project that aligns with their needs and role in the community. As part of the inauguration activities and call to service, citizens will be asked to go to a website, select a project, and sign up to show up.
*this is a nonpartisan opportunity for all Maine organizations.
WHEN: Saturday, January 5, time determined by you.
WHERE: The location you designate for your project.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY: Showcase your organization, the power of citizen service, and get something done!
- Give Mainers an immediate opportunity to respond to the call for service from Gov-elect Mills;
- Give local organizations a chance to reach new potential volunteers
- Highlight the essential and varied volunteer-driven services in communities
WHAT TO DO, ASAP:
- Identify a project or significant task that could be accomplished in 4-8 hours with the help of volunteers.
- Register that project here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/jan5maine
HOW TO ENSURE VOLUNTEERS FIND YOU: Register the project as soon as possible. The inauguration committee wants to start promoting the day of service around Dec 13. The early bird will catch the worm!
WHAT WEBSITE WILL HAVE THE LIST: Stay tuned. That decision is in the works. One thing to know is that you can specify how many volunteers you need. The site reportedly will close the project as “sold out” when your volunteer opportunities are filled.
QUESTIONS? Contact Adrienne Carmack, Maine Commission for Community Service, 207-624-7785, January5ServiceDay@volunteermaine.org