See the announcement below from the University of Southern Maine.
Library Specialist CL2
Library Special Collections and Center for Collaboration and Development
Wage Band/Start Wage: B22, $13.41
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., evenings & weekends as necessary, Portland campus
COLT Represented Classified Position
The University of Southern Maine is seeking applicants for the position of Library Specialist CL2, within the office of Special Collections at the Glickman Library.
(24 hours per week) The Library Specialist is responsible for digitizing legacy media formats using applicable scanning equipment and software to ensure appropriate transfer of media. The Specialist also converts physical materials into electronic formats utilizing a variety of specialized programs and equipment. The Specialist uploads digitized materials to USM’s Digital Commons. An ability and willingness to learn camera techniques and work with photographic software is necessary for this position.
The Library Specialist processes rare and unique materials (print, manuscript, and digital) in the collections, including creating and entering metadata.
The Specialist provides administrative support to the Coordinator of Special Collections, and is responsible for access, safety, and security of Special Collections. This includes assisting patrons in the search, retrieval, and use of materials, as well as interpreting and enforcing security and use policies regarding the space and the collections.
(16 hours per week) The person in this position also provides administrative support to the Center for Collaboration and Development (CCD), which is located in the Glickman Library. Some essential functions include administrative and clerical work, coordinating and marketing events, and processing financial transactions.
The Specialist assists with the ongoing maintenance and updating of the websites for both Special Collections and the Center for Collaboration and Development.
The work of the Specialist involves internal and external contacts as well as handling verbal and written communications for a broad range of questions. Providing exemplary customer service and maintaining confidentiality are important components of this position.
The ability to work as part of a team and manage multiple and diverse tasks are essential skills for this position. Judgment and initiative are frequently exercised and work is typically performed under general rather than specific instruction.
The University of Southern Maine (USM) is Maine’s Metropolitan University ™, dedicated to providing students with a high-quality, accessible, affordable education. USM’s strategic focus is in alignment with the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities and we are seeking to become a Carnegie Engaged University by the year 2020. USM offers Baccalaureate, Master's, and Doctoral programs, providing students with rich learning and community engagement opportunities in the arts, humanities, politics, health sciences, business, mass communications, science, engineering, and technology. At USM, we extend the academic experience well beyond our classroom walls. We encourage our students to engage deeply with our faculty, our community partners, and our wide network of USM alumni, many of whom have remained in Maine long after graduation. Further information on USM can be found at www.usm.maine.edu.
Each of USM’s three environmentally friendly campuses are unique, yet all share the extensive resources of the university — and all are energized through strong community partnerships. Offering easy access to Boston, plus the ocean, mountains and forests of coastal, inland and northern Maine, USM is at the heart of Maine's most exciting metropolitan region:
· Our Portland campus is located in "one of America’s most livable cities," according to Forbes magazine, which also ranks Portland among the top 10 for job prospects. A creative and diverse community on Maine’s scenic coast, Portland is nationally known as a culinary hot spot!
· USM’s beautiful residential Gorham campus supports and celebrates excellence in academics, athletics, music and the arts and is home to ten Living Learning Communities and six Residential Communities.
· Our Lewiston campus is home to USM’s innovative and richly diverse Lewiston-Auburn College. This Central Maine campus integrates classroom, community and workplace, and provides a small college experience with the resources of a large university.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) and one year of related library, public service or administrative support experience
- Experience working in various computer environments
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible between several diverse components of the job
- Some imaging experience – operating a scanner, camera
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with Digital Commons
- Experience with web page maintenance and web-based programs
Apply online at: https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs. You will need to create an applicant profile, complete an application (which includes contact information for three professional references), and upload a cover letter and a resume/curriculum vitae which fully describes your qualifications and experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred qualifications. You will also need to complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status form. Appropriate background screening will be conducted for the successful candidate.
To ensure full consideration, materials should be submitted by May 1, 2016. Materials received after this date will be considered at the discretion of the university.
USM is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.